5 things to know before to invest
First of all food equipment segment designs and manufactures advanced ware wash (dishwashing), cooking, refrigeration, and food processing equipment and provides service for institutional, industrial, restaurant, and retail customers around the world.
You have to remember that food equiptment are capital goods. So they have to have specific characteristics. First of all is a working instrument, so it have to lighten the load of work. They are what you need to increase productivity and therefore business growth. Unlike a consumer good that you buy only if you like or for status.
It may seem logical, but it is not. It sometimes happens that we are interested in a good more for the status it represents and not for its use. So before buying we must have clear what is the need to purchase. It is important for us if legislation provides for its presence in the company. If production times will be improved or it will replace a faulty accessory.
Commercial equipment is an investment, and the biggest choice is usually whether to purchase a brand new item from a dealer or to buy a used item from an auction house or another restaurant that is closing its doors.
Here our five tips to help you during the searching for the best food equipment.
- Compare the products on the market carefully according to your necessity. Indeed, different restaurant formats and food factories require different types of equipment.
- Always Buy Commercial-Grade Equipment. Don’t buy residential equipment for your restaurant! Whether new or used, commercial restaurant equipment is a must. In most commercial kitchens, installing a residential model in place of a true commercial piece of equipment is against local health codes. Though it may be tempting to choose residential equipment, commercial-grade food service equipment is generally easier to clean, more durable, and designed with constant, heavy use in mind.
- Seek quality customer service. An important aspect of choosing a food equipment supplier is the caliber of their customer support.
- Installation, repair, and maintenance. Finally, the best restaurant equipment suppliers are those that help install your new equipment onsite. Additionally, they should provide repair services and as-needed maintenance. This kind of service ensures the smooth operation of your restaurant, and therefore, the satisfaction of your customers.
- You have to amortize the investment in a short time. An instrumental asset must guarantee a return on investment. From 3 to 5 years tangible feedback must be measurable. You can notice improvement in productivity, increase in turnover, reduction in working hours, etc.
Only in this case you will say that you have made a good purchase.